PREFACE | The pre-reflexive apperception of my experience of drawing: the story


PREFACE | The pre-reflexive apperception of my experience of drawing: The story

The idea of a Phenomenology of Drawing came up as an answer to my need of getting an authentic approach to Husserl’s work. I asked myself: in which way Phenomenology can authentically make sense for me? Certainly, this question was both duty and challenge; a duty in the sense that I should not even try to repeat husserlian descriptions as someone who only conceptually play with them without grasping the pertaining ‘phenomenon’ that they pursue to point out, and a challenge in a double sense: it is not an easy task at all and you never know if you will succeed beforehand. Up to that point, I had to jump to the void having at hand only two options: or I try to think authentically or I quit. As I did not want to quit before having even tried – because anyway if I do not succeed I would know at least my limits –, I realized that I had in fact only one option. I thought that I prefer to crash into the wall rather than moving on to something else cowardly. Finally, life is for experiencing, not for avoiding experiences with great justifications. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

Comments